We are looking for a confident Business Development Manager with a proven track record in new business sales. You will be working within the industrial safety sector with a market-leading product range which is supplied to companies in industries such as manufacturing, construction, rail, automotive and welding (experience in the manufacturing or industrial sectors is not essential).
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business-to-business sales, with a focus on new business procurement
– Proven track record in new business, with the ability to create new opportunities and manage the process through to a close. Being comfortable with cold calling is essential
– A talent for prospecting and lead/pipeline generation
– Self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously
– High level of grammatical skills to support in the writing of excellent proposals and other sales communications. Experience in tender response is a definite advantage
– Excellent telephone manner is essential. You will be seeking new business within large organisations, so a professional approach at all times is essential
– An ability to learn technical information very quickly
Some aspects of the role that you would be expected to carry out, but are not limited to, include:
– Researching industry sectors and companies that would benefit from our products and seeking new business in these areas
– Developing strategies to accrue new business, as well as responding to day-to-day leads
– Cold calling
– Account management
– Liaising with our technical/production department
– Preparing quotes and tenders
– Keeping up to date on industry trends
– Attending industry events and visiting customers and prospects around the country (regular national travel will be required)
Those successful in reaching the final stages of our recruitment process will be asked to write a business plan outlining what steps you will take over the first 30/60/90 days in order to be successful in the role.
Tusker Industrial Safety is a great place to work. We are a successful leader in our field and have been established for over 35 years. You will be part of a friendly team, where everyone takes responsibility and thrives in an environment of mutual support. Therefore we are looking for someone who is self-motivated, but is also a great team player. You will need the ability to think on your feet and you will need the confidence to eloquently respond to leads/seek out business from large corporates, as well as smaller organisations and individuals.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in an exciting industry and at an exciting time for Tusker Industrial Safety.
Starting 18-25K basic with good commission based earnings – huge potential for growth within the company management structure for the right candidate.
If you feel that you have the right mix for this exciting position, please get in touch with email@example.com