The Tusker fire retardant leather jacket is manufactured from high quality leather and designed to protect the wearer against welding spark and spatter. Comfort fit sleeves, with fire retardant cuffing on the wrists. Fastened at the front with fire retardant Velcro, which makes the jacket 100 non-conductive, with no metal fastenings.
Manufactured from specially selected hides to be blemish free and have consistent thickness, the hides are treated with specialist oils to ensure durability and comfort to the wearer. The hides are treated to be heat resistant to 250°c and therefore suitable for the welding and other allied industries.
See below for more details on this product.
To buy this leather safety jacket, or for more information, please call us on +44 (0) 1752 201000 or contact us here.
Available Sizes (other sizes available on request)
- Widely used in welding and foundry industries – Protects against spark and spatter
- Natural thermal properties
BS EN150.11611.2007 Protective clothing for use in welding and allied processes.
- Section 6.1 Flame spread
- Section 4.1.2 Tensile strength
- Section 4.1.3 Tear strength
- Section 4.3.3 Dimensional change
- Section 4.3.2 Thickness
- Section 4.3.1 Fat content
EN407: 2004 Burning behaviour and heat transfer testing.
- Contact heat – Level 1
- Convective heat – Level 3
- Small splash – Level 4
BS EN420: 2003.A1. 2009
- Section 4.4.2 pH Value
- Section 6.1.1 Detection on of soluble chromate
Made by Bluestone360